The submission package must include the following:
1. A one page (letter sized) list of team members & advisors, and a summary narrative of no more than 400 words, describing the team’s proposed design approach.
- Provide each team member’s name, affiliation and contact information
- Include faculty / senior advisors.
- Clearly identify a single lead contact for communications and follow up.
- Clearly identify your team’s selected site.
2. Up to ten (10) presentation boards – 11 x 17 inch (279 x 432 mm), including text and images.
3. In addition to the presentation boards, design Teams must submit at least one, and as many as three, high resolution (at least 2550 x 3300 pixels), print quality TIFF or JPEG image(s) that may be used by OA-dc for media coverage and advertising.
4. A digital copy on CD or USB-flashdrive (if submitting via postal service) of the list of team members and the presentation boards in PDF format, not to exceed 12MB in size (total).
Presentation boards should contain no identifying marks, logos, text or images regarding team members, school or firm affiliation.
All text and annotations must be in English.
Format information for the live presentations, to be delivered by selected finalists, will be provided to each selected team in a separate brief.
In entering the National Treasures Design Competition, all entrant Teams and individual members thereof grant Open Architecture – Washington DC (OA-dc) a non-exclusive license to all submitted materials (including digital media) and their contents. OA-dc’s use of said materials may include (but is not limited to) marketing, education and outreach. All entrants furthermore grant OA-dc permission to use photos and videos recorded by OA-dc or their partner organizations at all events related to the NTDC.
- Materials may be submitted via e-mail OR via postal service (one or the other)
- E-mail submissions should be transmitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal submissions should be on CD or USB flash drive, and be mailed to:
c/o Quinn Evans Architects
2121 Ward Pl, 4th Fl
Washington DC 20037
- Submission materials that do not comply with the listed requirements will not be judged
and the submitting team may be disqualified.
- Format information for the live presentations, to be delivered by selected finalists, will be provided to each selected team in a separate brief.
- Questions may be directed to: email@example.com